Hormones are essential for our bodies to function properly, and when they become imbalanced, it can cause a variety of health issues (read: painful periods, infertility, mood swings, low energy, acne, poor skin, and poor digestion just to name a few!) Fortunately, there are certain foods that can help to balance hormones, restoring balance to the body and mind. Let’s take a look at some of the best foods for hormonal balance and how you can incorporate them into your diet.
Eating for hormonal balance can have a number of positive effects on your overall health. It can help to reduce inflammation, improve digestion, reduce stress levels, and even help to reduce the risk of certain diseases. Eating for hormonal balance can also help to improve your mood, energy levels, and overall sense of wellbeing.
There are a number of foods that can help to balance hormones and restore balance to the body making your mind, gut, and period happier. Here are some of the best foods for hormonal balance:
1. Leafy Greens: Leafy greens are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help to balance hormones. They are also a great source of fiber, which can help to regulate digestion and reduce inflammation.
2. Nuts and Seeds: Nuts and seeds are rich in healthy fats, which can help to reduce inflammation and balance hormones. They are also a great source of protein, which can help to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
3. Fermented Foods: Fermented foods like coconut yogurt, kimchi, and sauerkraut are rich in probiotics, which can help to balance hormones and improve digestion.
4. Healthy Fats: Healthy fats like olive oil, avocados, and coconut oil are great for balancing hormones and reducing inflammation.
5. Protein: Protein is essential for hormone balance, and it can be found in foods like eggs, fish, and lean meats. Always make sure you’re consuming organic, grass-fed meat because the hormone additives in regular meat can confuse your body.
6. Whole Grains: Whole grains like quinoa, oats, and brown rice are a great source of fiber and B vitamins, which can help to balance hormones. Try to stick to gluten-free options.
7. Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help to balance hormones and reduce inflammation.
Once you’ve identified the best foods for hormonal balance, it’s time to start incorporating them into your diet. Here are some tips for doing so:
1. Make a Meal Plan: Meal planning is a great way to ensure that you’re getting the right nutrients and eating the right foods for hormonal balance.
2. Stock Up on Healthy Staples: Stock your pantry and refrigerator with healthy staples like nuts, seeds, and healthy fats so that you always have them on hand.
3. Eat a Variety of Foods: Eating a variety of foods is key for hormone balance, so make sure to include a variety of fruits, vegetables, proteins, and whole grains in your diet.
4. Listen to Your Body: Pay attention to how your body responds to different foods and adjust your diet accordingly.
All of the recipes you’ll find on Savvy Hormone Coach have been thoughtfully selected to nourish your body from the inside out. They incorporate leafy greens, nuts and seeds, fermented foods, healthy fats, protein, whole grains, and fruits and vegetables. Incorporating these foods into your diet can help to improve your mood, energy levels, and overall sense of wellbeing. Use these recipes to support your body during different cycle phases, use them as inspiration for your next week of lunches, or in any way they will help you reach your goals.
I truly believe nourishing your body with wholesome ingredients and proper nutrition goes a long way to keeping your mind + body balanced. Hormone balance and optimal health is achievable through proper nutrition, lifestyle, and supplementation, and that is what the heart of my Vibrant Woman Course is all about. Whether you’re just starting out on your journey or you’re a graduate of my course, I’m so glad that you found me!